“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”
What is it?
It’s a new century and time for a new beginning for rural Ireland. ‘Digital First Communities’ use digital tools, platforms and frameworks to collaboratively attract investment, remote workers, home buyers, shoppers and visitors to their locality with their local Connected Hub as their rallying point and their smartphone as their ally.
Map of Locations of “Digital First Communities”
Click to discover more
How to get started with creating a ‘Digital First Community’ in your locality
Jobs, investment and home buyers are all economic measures which can help create the resources to make social goals more attainable in a rural community. Places that coordinate and market themselves most effectively to remote workers stand to gain the most.
All you need to get started are a group of committed people and a smartphone. The benefits of establishing a ‘Digital First Community’ in your town or village include:
- You will be shown how to use widely available digital growth tools and techniques to increase footfall with a high capture rate, attract new innovation driven businesses and create sustainable jobs for your place while digitally activating the key stakeholders.
- Learn how creating a social enterprise can help advance the sustainable economic development of your locality in a sustainable way through a ‘Digital First Community’.
- Encourage your local small and micro enterprises to trade online and broaden their customer base.
- Enable your locality to better take advantage of high speed broadband and new technologies.
- Use digital collaboration to help welcome and integrate newcomers to rural towns and villages and to support cohesion more broadly.
Why not find out more? It’s free
Establishing a Digital First Community
"*" indicates required fields